Friday, October 22, 2010

Green Eyes

I love my husband. Yay me!

I was playing my iTunes library on shuffle today came across the track "Green Eyes" by Coldplay, a.k.a., "our song".

Brian and I had been dating maybe two weeks when he said that this song reminded him of me. It was such a sweet, precious moment and a memory that I treasure.

At times, I've told this story to friends and loved watching their mouths drop wide-open, not believing that a couple over the age of 15 establishes "their song" during the first two weeks of courtship.

But when I listen to the song lyrics, and I think the instant connection that we shared and what we'd been through before we met, it doesn't seem weird at all. It seems kind of obvious, actually.

And the cool thing is that it's still appropriate. Even after marriage, babies, mortgage payments and time, I still feel like this song applies to us.

That Chris Martin sure got something right. And thank God, so did I.

Green Eyes by Coldplay

Honey you are a rock
Upon which I stand
And I come here to talk
I hope you understand

That green eyes, yeah the spotlight
Shines upon you
And how could, anybody,
Deny you

I came here with a load
And it feels so much lighter now I’ve met you
And honey you should know
That I could never go on without you
Green eyes...

Honey you are the sea
Upon which I float
And I came here to talk
I think you should know

That green eyes, you’re the one that
I wanted to find
And anyone who, tried to deny you 
Must be out of their mind


Cause I came here with a load
And it feels so much lighter since I met you
Honey you should know
That I could never go on without you


Green eyes Green eyes
Ohohohohooooo Ohohohohooooo Ohohohohooooo Ohohohohooooo

Honey you are a rock
Upon which I stand