Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween

When Bailey was three years old, she asked to have a Halloween party for her cousins and Bailey's Boo Bash was born!  This has become an annual tradition and has grown a little bit bigger each year.

I look forward to seeing all the kids in their costumes.  And, Brian and I dress up, too.  (Just for the kids.  You know, we wouldn't want to let them down.  It's not like we totally love it or anything.)

7th Annual Bailey's Boo Bash


Brian decided to go with a Top Gun fighter pilot. ( I'm still trying to talk him into reenacting the volleyball scene.)  I was a witch.  Hey! Keep your wisecracks to yourself!  Bailey was a referee, which was perfect for our little athlete.  And Drew wanted to be "a fighting guy" this year.  Ironically, this is the same costume that Bailey decided on in 2009. 


I should have talked Drew into wearing this pink one and saving me 30 bucks. 


The highlight of Bailey's Boo Bash this year was Uncle Nate showing up in a chicken suit!  I told him to watch his fowl language around the kids, though.  heh, heh.  Fowl language.

He even performed the infamous chicken dance.


It seems like only yesterday that Bailey, Connor and Claire looked like this...


The 1st Annual Bailey's Boo Bash, 2003.  

Last night, we enjoyed trick-or-treating.  The kids loaded up on candy!


This was also the first year that Drew was old enough to learn the age-old Halloween rhyme:
Tick-or-Treat!  Smell my feet!  Give me something good to eat!
And because we always push our children to go the extra mile, we also taught him the follow-up verse:
And if you don't, I don't care.  I'll pull down your underwear! 

What I failed to teach him, however, is that this rhyme should only be said before your neighbor opens the door.  I'm expecting the HOA to present Brian and I with Parent of the Year Awards at the next planning meeting.


I told Brian that it looks like he took his THREE children trick-or-treating in this pic.
I'm still waiting on that last growth spurt.

When we got back to the house, I did the responsible thing and inspected all their candy before they ate any of it.  A questionable Reece's here, a suspicious Kit Kat there...  Hey- I had to eat this candy!  I have a duty to protect my children, you know.

Seriously, I bet I ate a dozen pieces of candy, but Drew did not eat a single bite.  Instead, he asked if he could eat a banana.  Did I actually give birth to this kid!?  I'm starting to figure out why he keeps getting thinner and I keep getting fatter.

Another fun Halloween full of great family memories!